Saturday, February 12, 2011

Look At These Fucking Hipsters

TK writes:
Hello there children. As you know, we here at HotDamnTV pride ourselves in getting celebrities and people who are way cooler than us to speak on camera about how much we suck. Some noteworthy individuals we've gotten to talk mad shit on tape in the past include John Landis, Nat from 3OH!3, Rocco Botte from Mega64, Dominic Dierkes from derrickcomedy, Aaron Ryder, Madelyn Marie(NSFW, srsly), Bob $tencil, and Megan Fox(lol sextape).

But I have never been more stoked and excited to have talent tell me I am a heap of shit than I am today, folks. At a tiny hipster venue in San Diego called the Casbah, I saw Andrew Jackson Jihad(my favorite band), and much to my delight they were willing to say the worst things about HotDamnTV that have ever been uttered. And we recorded it all for posterity:



If you have never heard Andrew Jackson Jihad, you're stupid and your face is stupid. I have shot and uploaded two of their concerts to Youtube, and you should appreciate the fuck out of their raw, organic, DIY ethic sound below. Unless you're some kind of conformist who listens to the radio. Don't be a slave to the corporate media, man. I only listen to 8 tracks.



This show was shot in Echo Park in Jaunary 2010 and AJJ was cool enough to do a second show so everyone could see them play. It's not a big deal if you haven't heard of them. Your music is probably all radio hits. Sometimes I listen to Katy Perry even though she's mainstream, but I just do it to be ironic. I wore 15 American Apparel scarves to this concert, and after the show we all ate vegan chili and talked about our blogs and how much the war sucks.



This is the concert they performed right before they told us they wished they could burn us and pee on our ashes. I don't know if you can tell but I bought the band Pabst Blue Ribbon tall cans before the show. Of course I recycled the cans afterwards though, because I'm all about reducing my carbon footprint. I ride a fixed gear bicycle and I'm fighting to end racism, even though I've never experienced it. My parents are rich but that doesn't mean I'm rich. I'm just different, deal with it.

Q: How many hipsters does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A: It's a pretty obscure number, I doubt you've heard of it.


We listened to the Black Keys before they were big.

No comments:

Post a Comment